Many of my guests ask me the question: How to eat to reach my goal?
There are many goals. Some want to lose weight, some want to become stronger, some to get shape, be healthier, or just detoxify. Everyone has a different goal therefore they need individual advice.
Now I describe some basic principles, which are important. These are not big secrets, but no one is conscious of them.
– Eat small amounts, 5-6 times a day.
– Leave behind white sugar, white flour and salt as much as possible.
– Consume a lot of raw food (fruit in the morning, vegetables in the afternoon).
– NEVER EAT TOO MUCH! Never reach the feeling of fullness. Eat a fist-sized meal at a time. (The measurement should be your own fist, as a 90-kilo and 50-kilo man’s fists are different!)
– Don’t eat after 6 pm unless you had a tough yoga class in the evening hours. But then eat something rich in protein and low-carb food like mozzarella cheese, steamed vegetables, non-fat cottage cheese, etc..
– Drink at least 3 liters of water daily.
Food types, which are very rich in nutrients, trace elements:
1 whole grains
2 sugar-free muesli mixes, all kinds of seed mix
3 other cereals such as brown rice, millet, amaranth, german wheat,
4 protein intake: seitan, tofu, legumes, raw nuts, low-fat cottage cheese, plain yogurt, low-fat cheese, fake meats made of grains (if you consume meat, than fish and eggs are acceptable).
5 lots of raw vegetables and fruits
6 dietary supplements of algae products, wheat grass juice, honey comb
These are the basics of a healthy diet. They were not out of reach for the public before, either. But if you consciously follow them and combine this with yoga 2-3 times a week, in 2-3 months you will notice wonderful changes. Both externally and internally.
If you need personal advice or further detailed information, feel free to contact me.